Quick name a Billings advertiser you saw on a bus bench this week. Actually, I’m looking for a specific bus bench in Billings advertising a real estate company. It has a photo of the agent, name of the company, and slogan and phone number.
I’ll even take an advertisement you may have seen on a bus or taxi cab. And it does not include those yellow wrapped cars the new Pizza Ranch is driving around town.
Billings Advertising on Bus Benches
You could probably name.any realtor in Billings advertising in any fashion and they’ll be on a bus bench. If you can’t remember any, you understand why this advertising is so cheap. There is almost nothing memorable about the benches..or buses for that matter. That’s not to say transit advertising does not work. It can and it does in places much larger than Billings.
Here are a few of the positives for using Billings transit Advertising:
- You can’t zap it.
- It reaches drivers and passengers no matter what radio stations they’re listening to.
- You have exclusivity in your space.
- It delivers a varied audience.
- It offers flexibility of location.
- Its cheap.
Here are the drawbacks:
- Travel times are very short in Billings 15 minutes is a long drive
- Creative messaging in Billings is pedestrian. Look at the description of the ad at the start of this post. Every ad is like that one.
- No rotation of the ad. It’s the same advertising, in the same spot for so long it becomes invisible.
- Little chance to target. The only difference in this is if you targeted a work group, like refinery workers, or ag workers on Minnesota Avenue, then you might have a targeted chance. Otherwise, there is little in targeting.
- Its a glance medium. At best, it only draws 2-3 seconds of a reader’s time.
- Messages must be brief to fit in that 2-3 second time frame. Ninety-five percent of the time, either the message or the audience is in motion
How to Make Billings Advertising on Benches More Effective
The website, marketingscoop.com says transit and outdoor are most effective when combined with other Billings advertising efforts. Transit in particular does not standup on its own as good advertising or marketing.
The best part about transit and bus ads are their price. Buying something because its cheap does not always lead to the best results. If you can not dominate the benches or the buses, you have an issue. Think about the value you are getting for your Billings advertising dollar.
Learn more about the 20+ ways to invest your Billings advertising and marketing dollars. Follow my blog through RSS or on Twitter